Case Client Positions
This is where the Matter Client Positions are defaulted. Matter Client Positions appear in the Litigation Matter form.
Matter Client Positions can also be added on the fly directly from the Litigation Case form.
Matters Success Probabilities
This is where the Matter Success Probabilities are defaulted. Matter Success Probability appears in the Litigation Matter form.
Matter Company/Contact Roles
These Values are common for both Litigation and Legal Matters. Matter Company Roles and Matter Contact Roles can be managed in the Administration & Setup. These Values appear in the Matter form under Companies & Contacts section.
Matter Company Roles and Matter Contact Roles can also be added on the fly directly from the Matter form.
Matter Container Statuses
Statuses of the Matter Container can be managed from the Admin & Setup. These Values appear in the Matter Container form.
These Values are not common in Litigation and Legal Matters. Matter Stages can be managed in the Administration & Setup and specified for one or both Case Categories. These Values appear in the Case form.
Matter Stages can also be added on the fly directly from the Matter form.
In the edit of the Matter Stage entry, there is a flag to choose to which Matter Category this Stage belongs.
Area of Practice & Due Dates
Area of practices can be managed in the Administration & Setup. These Values appear in the Matter form.
Area of practices can also be added on the fly directly from the Matter form.
In the edit of the Area of practices entry, there is a box to choose to which Matter Category this Stage belongs(matters or litigation). Also, the Due in (number of days) can be inserted. The Due in (number of days) is the number of days that are added to the Matter Arrival Date to specify the Due Date of the matter.
Every matter form allows user to add additional fields. Custom Fields are defaulted in the Admin & Setup. They can also be inserted in 3 languages.
Custom Fields can be removed and set depending on client's need. There are different types on custom fields that can be set, signle text, textbox, date, date and time, list, companies client picker, contacts client picker, user picker.
To set a custom field on a matter, follow the below steps:
- Go to Administration & Setup (If you do not have permission, you will need to contact the administrator of your App4Legal)
- Under the Matter box, click on Custom Fields
- You are taken to a page. On the top of this page, click on Add Custom Field
- Choose the type of the custom and give it a name
- You can click on more fields and translate this field as well
Case Value Tiers
Configure Values the Matter Value Tiers of the report can be done from the Admin & Setup. The report allows up to 6 tiers having the maximum of the previous Tier less than the minimum of the next Tier.
Visit the Workflow page.
SLA ManagementThis section will only appear if the SLA feature is allowed in the System Value under System Preferences in the Admin & Setup.
- List SLAs: From the Admin & Setup, SLA management will display the SLAs available in the form of a list.
- Add SLA: can be done from the top screen using the Add SLA hyperlink.
- The SLA form has many important fields:
- Name of the SLA
- Target: In week, days or hours.
- Start: The Start Status when the SLA counter begins.
- Pause: The SLA pauses at a certain Status (optional)
- Stop: The SLA counter stops when the Case reaches this Status.