Backup & Restore:
- The backups of the Applications are done on regular bases.
- The backups are normally done in a time-frame where there is minimal activity on the Customer Application.
- The backups of the Application is a full backup of all the data.
- The backups are done on two levels:
- Hosting Provider Backup: Which is the backup of the whole image of the Infrastructure Server that is holding the Customer Application.
- Manual Backups: Regular Backups that are done on the server level, which is a more detailed backup of the files and folders of the application, and should act as another backup plan in case the first backup failed to restore.
Below is a table containing the RTO, RPO & Retention information about the mentioned backup procedures above:
|Information||1st Backup Method||2nd Backup Method|
|RPO||24 Hours||24 Hours|
|RTO||2 Hours||4 Hours|
|Retention Time||7 Days||7 Days|
Sanity Checks & Backup Resilience:
- Backup Restoration Tests are periodically conducted to test the Backup & Restoration process is working properly.
- The Sanity Checks of the backups are conducted on Local/Cloud machines.
- The Sanity Checks are done every 1 Month of the latest backup that is taken.