Customer Portal section will only appear if the Customer Portal Feature is allowed in the System Preference in the Admin & Setup.
Customers are the Customer Portal Users who are allowed to communicate with the legal team using App4Legal's Customer Portal. Customers are managed in the Admin& Setup under the Customer Portal section. The Requests that are sent through the Customer Portal are injected as Legal Matters in App4Legal. On the top of the grid, there is the public URL where Customers can login.
- Add a Customer
Customers can be added in 2 ways:
- Add Customer:
Using the Actions button on the top right-> Add Customer:
A Customer form important fields such as
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company: A Customer can be related to one or more companies/departments.
- Job Title
- Employee ID
- Connect to Active Directory:
Add manually: is where the user selects certain Active Directory users to become Customers of App4Legal
Add all: is where all the users from Active Directory are imported.
Customer who are added from the Active Directory will maintain the email and password of the Active Directory. Customers by company can also be injected from Active Directory.
Note that all Customers imported from Active Directory are by default Inactive.
The red/grey circle next to the Customer Name indicates his/her Status whether Active or not; green is Active, Grey is Inactive. Also, the circle have a built-in action to activate or deactivate the Customer when the User clicks on it.
- Export List to Excel
Using the Actions button, choose Export to Excel in order to import the list of Customers.
- Search for a Customer
- In Quick Search, from within the Users grid, you can type the First or Last Name of the Customer and hit Enter from your keyboard to generate your search results.
- Using Advanced Search, you can run your search on a specific field from the Customer form. You'll have the possibility also to modify the operator of search for each field (i.e. equal, begins with, contains, >, <, and more). The Advanced Search menu is hidden by default; you need to click on the link Advanced Search from the Customer grid to view it.
Customer by Company
It is a filter that shows the all the Customers broken down by Company. This is where Customers can be better managed by their Companies.
What are they?
They are the forms in which the Customers will fill in in order to send requests to the legal team. Request Types can be as many as needed and customized to fit the needs of the legal team.
- How are they managed?
They are managed through the Administration under the Customer Portal section. Using the Add Request Type hyperlink the administration can add a Request Type.
Using the actions on the left, the admin can edit, delete or hide/un-hide a Request Type from the Portal.
- How does a Request Type form look like?
The Request Type form has many important fields:
- Name: Name of the Request Type example "Ask a Question".
- Case Type: The Requests that are sent through the Customer Portal are injected as Legal Matters in App4Legal. So the Type of Legal Matter is selected that is related to the Request Type. Only one Request Type can be designed for a Case Type.
- Description: A short text that is put under the title of the Request Type to give a description about it.
- Default Fields of the Request Type: They are the mandatory fields in a Case. They are by default filled in every Request Type to be designed. The fields are Subject, Priority and Received by Team. The administrator can set them as Required so that the Customer fills them in. Or, as an alternative, one of more of these fields can be set as Not Required and a value by default is preset by the administrator.
- Add Field: Select from a pool of Fields the needed Fields to appear in the Request Types. The Fields that are not mandatory in a Case can be ordered in the same way that they are added. They can be set as not Required with no need to add a Default Value for them.
- Label: It is the Display Name of the Field. It could be changed as desired.
- Required: Mandatory fields in a Case are by default Required and in case the admin chooses not to have them as Required, there should be an alternative preset default value. The rest of the fields, if marked as Required then the Customer is obliged to fill the field else the Request will not go through, else if the field is not required, then the Customer may leave it as blank.
- Default Value: is the preset Value that the admin chooses instead of a mandatory field that is put as note required.
- Description: is a short hint under the field to indicate the descriptive need of it.
- Actions: non-mandatory fields may be deleted.
PermissionsThe Permissions page will display all the Transitions in the system. The admin can grant the needed Permissions so that that Customer can be able to change the Status of a Case from within the Customer Portal interface. This strictly depends on the business need of every Client. If there is a permission granted to the Customers to change a Status of a Case to for example In Progress while there are configured SLAs related to this Status, the SLA counters will automatically start the counters. Hence, granting the Customer such permissions should be dealt with care.
The interface will look as such:
If the Transition is checked, this means that the permission is granted to all Customer Portal Users.