About Legacy Mode:
- If Legacy Mode is disabled, your users will be able to change the Original Estimate value irrespective of any work being logged on an issue. Legacy Mode is disabled by default on new installations of JIRA version 4.2 or later.
- If Legacy Mode is enabled, your users can only specify an Original Estimate before they start logging work on an issue. This value cannot be changed once any work has been logged unless all work logs for that issue are first deleted.
- By default,
- Legacy Mode is disabled if your JIRA 4.2 installation was conducted cleanly (that is, without upgrading from an earlier version of JIRA).
- Legacy Mode is enabled if you upgraded JIRA from a version prior to 4.2.
To Turn off Legacy Mode Follow the below steps:
- Log in with an administrator user.
- Click on the gear icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to issues.
- Scroll Down and select Time Tracking from the left panel under ISSUE FEATURES category.
- To Edit the options deactivate time tracking.
- uncheck the legacy mode and reactivate the time tracking.